Thursday, July 5, 2012

Day 5 On the Floor
Wayne cannot believe all of my shoes. What he does not understand is they all have a different purpose. You don't wear flip flops to church, nor do you wear nice shoes on a hike. Granted, I do have about 10 pair of fake Crocs. Orange (regular and water shoes), blue (light/dark), green, rainbow, purple, white, pink, and black (currently living in China!). A person cannot wear purple fake-Crocs with a black and red Chinese outfit, now can I wear green ones with my blue dress. Athletic shoes- Last year I had to have two pair of black shoes for my job in Alaska. Since I wore them for work I couldn't use them for hiking in Denali, meaning I needed a pair for walking. I needed nice shoes for the train and if you wear them for other situations they cease to be nice. Rainwear footwear is a necessity, as when it rains it pours and you really need rubber shoes for that. LL Bean's duck shoes are great and now they are made as slip-ons. Does all of this justify my need for different shoes? Well of course it does. It's not like I have Jimmy Choos, nor do I want Jimmy Choos. I can make a house payment for the price of a pair of those! I digress... Shoes go on the floor, walk on the floor, and bring color to another wise drab piece of carpet- on the floor.

1 comment:

  1. I have a footwear addiction. I haven't counted but I know I have more pairs of shoes than I have matching pair of socks. One thing I love about shoes is that the size doesn't change with my waist size.

    ReplyDelete