Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 3: The Best Part of My Day The best parts of my day this summer are hours of reading and playing with Rosie, my Blue Heeler/Chihuahua. So far I have read 12 books, most of them taking only a day or so to finish. When you have nothing else you must get done then sitting for hours and hours reading will never be a waste of time.
Rosie has been with me since March 1999. She was either one or two when we got her at the animal shelter. To say I had ever seen a dog like her would have been a lie. And the comments people made before seeing her photos- Who was the dad? How did they do it? Seriously, did I look like I knew the mating habits of chihuahuas and blue heelers? It's not I was there when she was conceived! She has grayed over the years and her little brown face has turned white. The first summer I came back from eight weeks in China it was so obvious her age was showing.
Now she will follow me everywhere so I deliberately walk all over the house to give Rascal and her the exercise we no longer get on a daily basis. They will settle in for a short nap and I'll get up and go to the kitchen or the computer or to the garage, anywhere to get them moving. At first it was annoying to have my posse of two follow my every move, however it is all fun now to see how long they will keep it up. When I took these photos Rosie was not interested in being apart of them. I think she is positively sick of the camera. Her curiosity got the best of her and she had to find out what I put down on the floor. I took this opportunity to snap her photo. Two of my loves together for a VERY limited engagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment