Sunday, July 29, 2012

Day 26: Sunshine
Sunshine doesn't just have to be the real sun in a blue sky or cloudy sky. Sunshine comes from within so if it is a dark and stormy night you can still feel the glow of "sunshine".
Sometimes sunshine is revealed in your children. This photo was mom's favorite child...I'll probably get a little debate about that one. This photo adequately represents the talker her favorite child would be in later years, or most likely, later days! And isn't that dress cute? Mom was a great dressmaker and no one ever had clothes like ours.
Sunshine can also be derived from cute animal characters. I never had a sock monkey so when Kohl's started selling them for $5.00 in July I jumped on it. They are so simple yet extremely hilarious. I will use them in my classroom after I sew their little arms in the appropriate positions. They will wear little signs saying something like, "Spread no spoken evil", "Listen to no evil", and "Watch no evil". They will make great writing prompts! I am sure some of my students will enjoy the humor they are intended to provide. (Jennifer L. I know you thought I would have a Rainbow Sock Monkey, however those guys, at Pier 1, are $20, so not going to happen!)
The most important definition of sunshine is The Son, Jesus Christ. My faith is a very important part of me, as it guides me daily. It calms me, gives me patience (I am working on that one people!), and gives me a promise of what's ahead. So even on a cloudy, dreary day, I have plenty of sunshine in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment