Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 1 ME
I've decided to make myself useful now that I am apparently stuck in Oklahoma for the remainder of my summer. Those of you who really know the traveling me know I need to be on the move during the summer. Since I'm not here's a photo which actually shows the traveler I am. I love Asia. Japan was my first foray into Asia in 2002, then again in 2004. I collected Kokeshi dolls from various regions of Japan, mostly northern in the Sendai area. These represent my love of the arts and simplicity Japan is known for. There are also two Terra Cotta Warriors in my photo. Xian, China is one of the most traveled historical spots in China now. Imagine having yourself buried with thousands of life sized warriors to protect you in the afterlife. Emperor Qin did just that in 210 B.C. They were found in 1974 and ever since the opening of China to the rest of the world Xian has been a city to visit on most people's agendas. See the church illustration? Pat Buckley Moss did that one of my childhood church. She has a remarkable insight on seeing the world with a unique style. I love her work. This church provided the foundation of my faith as a kid and I still enjoy going to it when I am in Virginia. It was founded in 1740! I have many pleasant memories of Sunday School, youth group, and other events close to my heart. It is one place that, when you go back after YEARS, people still are interested in seeing you. Crosstitching used to be my favorite thing to do. Because I am a Virginian I enjoy using things and places from it in my crosstitch. I have always loved Colonial Williamsburg and will always remember it as the last adventure my mom & I had in 1996. There is a simple design of Williamsburg's most famous and traveled street above my left shoulder. Seeing it and thinking of her makes me smile, knowing she enjoyed my company as much as I did hers. So I'm a traveler, lover of art and history, stitcher, avid reader,photographer, writer, and woman of faith. Let's see what else I can do this summer besides take photos and write about what pops into my head!

2 comments:

  1. Well I tried to make separate paragraphs but that didn't happen. Sorry to my readers...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can come to MT. The door is always open as long as you don't mind a little dog hair. Hey, you should do the 30 day photo challenge I am doing with a couple of friends.

      Delete